Agreement with Myself as a Student: An Example
As a student, it is important to set goals and establish a plan for achieving them. However, it is equally important to hold oneself accountable and maintain a degree of self-discipline in order to effectively work towards those goals. This is where creating an agreement with oneself as a student can be incredibly helpful.
An agreement with oneself is essentially a written contract that outlines the expectations, goals, and commitments one has for themselves. It is a tangible reminder of the promises one has made to themselves and serves as a reference point for staying on track.
Here is an example of an agreement with oneself as a student:
Goal: To maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher for the entire academic year.
– Attend all classes and arrive on time
– Take thorough notes during lectures
– Complete assignments on time and to the best of my abilities
– Participate in class discussions and group projects
– Meet with professors during office hours for extra help or clarification
– Dedicate at least 2 hours per day to studying and reviewing material
– I will prioritize my academic responsibilities over social activities
– I will not procrastinate on assignments or wait until the last minute to study for exams
– I will seek out academic resources or tutoring if I am struggling in a particular course
– I will hold myself accountable for my academic performance and take responsibility for any shortcomings
This agreement with oneself is specific, measurable, and achievable. By creating a concrete plan that outlines expectations and commitments, it becomes easier to hold oneself accountable and stay on track towards achieving the established goals.
Moreover, this agreement serves as a constant reminder of the importance of prioritizing academics and maintaining a strong work ethic. It can also provide a sense of motivation and purpose, as it is a personal commitment to oneself and one`s future success.
In conclusion, creating an agreement with oneself as a student can be an effective way to maintain focus and stay on track academically. By setting goals and establishing expectations and commitments, students can hold themselves accountable and remain motivated towards achieving success.